Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Limited Ingredient Diet Formula Dog Food Small Bite
Lucy Pet Foods™ Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Limited Ingredient Diet Small Bites for toy and small breed puppies and adult dogs! The same great Lucy Pet Formulas for Life™ dog food in a bitesize kibble for small breed dogs.
- CAREFULLY FORMULATED FOR SMALL BREEDS: Balanced for Gut health, digestive health, and sensitive stomachs.
- LIMITED INGREDIENT DIET: With limited ingredients for small breed dogs with sensitivities to certain foods, Lucy Pet Foods™ Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin is formulated for Gut and digestive health.
- WHOLE GRAIN: Made with brown rice (sourced from the USA), a whole grain that retains the nutrient-dense bran and germ layer. This complex carbohydrate including starches and fibers provides sustained energy.
- SKIN & COAT: All-natural chicken with absolutely no chicken meal by-products. An excellent source of protein for healthy muscles, skin, coat, and proper body function.
- ALL BREEDS & LIFE STAGES: Every kibble is specially designed for the small breed dog to contain all the essential nutrients required for puppies, adult, and senior dogs.
- VETERINARIAN APPROVED: Based on 40 years of research by Dr. George C. Fahey, the leading expert in gut health.
- MADE IN OUR OWN PLANT: Lucy Pet owns the Breeder’s Choice Pet Foods plant, which has been making quality foods in California for over 75 years. Our R&D team developed our formulas in our own pet food plant here in Southern California. Using extensive nutrition research with the latest science around gut health we developed something truly special for small breed dogs. Nutritionists now know that a healthy digestive system is the first line of defense to keep the entire body healthy & strong.
- WE GIVE BACK: Committed to helping animals by donating to the Lucy Pet Foundation, which has done over 27,000 free spay & neuters in low-income areas.
Little Kibbles: Why We Made our Lucy Pet Foods™ Formulas for Small Breed Dogs
Lucy Pet Foods™ Small Bites Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Limited Ingredient Diet features healthy whole grains, along with our advanced P.B.F. Prebiotic Balanced Fiber™ to produce an optimal environment in the digestive tract for improving gut health and wellness in small breeds. Our dry food for smaller dogs is smaller than our regular formulas as it’s made with the size of the dog’s jaw in mind. Our P.B.F. formulation is based on 40 years of research and studies by one of the top scientists in animal nutrition, Dr. George C Fahey.
The number one ingredient in our limited ingredient small breed dog food is chicken, sourced entirely from the USA, with zero chicken meal by-products. Our limited ingredient chicken formula is ideal for dogs with food sensitivities, and also contains brown rice sourced from the USA to provide clean, sustainable energy. Delicious pumpkin is also added to aid in healthy digestion.
Our food is also naturally preserved, includes all the important vitamins and minerals, and does not contain any ingredients from China.
Little Kibble for Better Nutrition
Lucy Pet Formulas for Life™ is formulated with the proper nutrition for small breeds. Even though they require less food, toy breeds have fast metabolisms and require a nutritious diet to ensure that they stay as healthy as possible and can enjoy the best quality of life. Lucy Pet Formulas for Life™ nourishes your small breed dog’s total health, naturally. Lucy Pet Formulas for Life™ is guided by science and verified nutritional research, using natural ingredients. We’re not based on trendy fads or marketing hype. We actually care about what’s best to help your pet live a long healthy life. Every Lucy Pet kibble is designed to contain all the essential nutrients required to live and be healthy.
When transitioning your small breed dog to our higher fiber diet, some noticeable changes in stool value may occur. This reflects a healthier digestive tract. We recommend that transitioning to Lucy Pet foods be done over a five-day period.
As your small dog is consuming a higher fiber diet, it’s normal to observe an increased consumption of drinking water on a regular basis. Water is very important to overall health. Be sure that a bowl of fresh water is always available to your pet.
What Makes Lucy Pet the Best Chicken-Based Limited Ingredient Dog Food for Small Breeds?
Lucy Pet Foods™ Small Bites Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Formula is carefully formulated for gut health, digestive health, and sensitive stomachs. It contains all-natural Chicken as the first ingredient. You won’t find any chicken by-products in this formula. Real chicken is combined with brown rice, sourced from the USA, to provide pets with a nutrient-dense source of energy. Finally, we top it all off with delicious pumpkin to help aid in healthy digestion.
Our Chicken-Based Limited Ingredient Dog Food for small breeds is smaller than our regular formulas as it’s made with the size of the dog’s jaw in mind. Smaller breeds can be more prone to digestion issues, and even dental problems, so feeding a diet specific to them can help manage these difficulties.
Key Benefits of the Best Chicken & Rice Dry Dog Food for Small Breeds
- Smaller breeds can be more prone to digestion issues. Lucy Pet’s special P.B.F. Prebiotic Balanced Fiber™ blend for gut health is a unique, high-quality mix of fiber sources to produce an optimal environment in the digestive tract that supports proper gut health.
- Made with quality chicken as the first ingredient, this formula is a premium protein dog food you can be proud to feed your pet.
- Combines a superfood blend of antioxidants with our proprietary prebiotic fiber blend to support a healthy immune system.
- Our chicken and rice formula is a complete and balanced small breed food for all life stages.
- Every purchase helps animals in need by contributing to the Lucy Pet Foundation, so you can feel great feeding your pal and helping others who need a paw.
Chicken, chicken meal, ground brown rice, oatmeal, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), pumpkin, dried plain beet pulp, ground miscanthus grass, natural flavor, flaxseeds, dicalcium phosphate, dried chicory root, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), salt, dried kelp, vitamins (vitamin E supplement, niacin, D-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, vitamin A supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement), taurine, potassium chloride, DL-methionine, choline chloride, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, minerals (ferrous sulfate, zinc proteinate, zinc sulfate, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, sodium selenite, manganese sulfate, manganese proteinate, calcium iodate), mixed tocopherols (preservative), citric acid (preservative), calcium carbonate, L-carnitine, turmeric, yucca schidigera extract, rosemary extract.
Digestion: A variety of blended high-quality fiber sources, including brown rice, pumpkin, flaxseed, dried kelp, dried chicory root, beet pulp, and ground miscanthus grass. Having a diverse population of fiber provides nourishment for the gut bacteria, which in turn nourishes the entire body.
Immunity: Superfood blend of ingredients plus antioxidant nutrients supports a healthy immune system.
Skin & Coat Health: We guarantee Omega-3 Fatty Acid levels from natural ingredients, including flaxseed, Fish oil, and Vitamin E.
Energy: High-quality Chicken fat from the USA, plus varied complex carbohydrate sources for sustained energy.
|110 ppm min
|50 IU/kg min
|OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS
|OMEGA-6 FATTY ACIDS
Calculated Calories Content:
Metabolizable Energy (ME)
3,645 kcal / kg
1,653 kcal / lb
*Not Recognized as an Essential Nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
When Choosing a Chicken and Brown Rice Diet
When you begin feeding Lucy Pet’s Limited Ingredient dog food with chicken and brown rice, it’s important to make a proper transition from your pet’s previous diet. While your pet is transitioning to Lucy Pet’s Formulas for Life™ diet, please be sure to follow the suggested guidelines below.
How to Transition to Lucy Pet Formulas for Life ™
The key to switching foods is to do it gradually, so your dog’s digestive system can adapt to our formula and nutrients. Start by replacing 20-25% of the current food you are feeding with Lucy Pet Formulas for Life. Each day, gradually increase the amount of new food and decrease the amount of the former food until your pet is eating only the new diet.
If your pet tends to have a sensitive stomach, allow up to 10-14 days to fully transition to Lucy Pet’s Formulas for Life (TM)
In some instances, a pet can experience soft stools during the first week when you switch and transition to any new food. Lucy Pet Formulas for Life, digest easily and most pets transition smoothly. However, if your pet’s stool becomes loose, it may be necessary to transition more gradually to the new diet.
Be sure to temporarily eliminate any treats or wet food for the first few days, and follow feeding guidelines closely. Lucy Pet diets may require different feeding quantities than the food you were previously feeding.
How to Determine Feeding Portions
Utilize the feeding guideline chart for reference only, feeding amounts
may vary by breed, age, or activity level.
Feed puppies up to twice the adult recommendations daily. Adjust to maintain body condition. Total may be divided into multiple feedings.
Depending on litter size, feeding needs may be up to 4 times normal adult amounts. Always adjust to maintain body condition.
When transitioning to our higher fiber diet, some noticeable changes in stool volume may occur. This reflects a more healthy digestive tract. We recommend that transitioning be done over a 5-day period. Be sure that a bowl of fresh water is always available to your dog.
Be sure that a bowl of fresh water is always available to your dog. Remember that water is an essential nutrient for your dog. Always allow your pet to eat in peace to relax and enjoy their food.
Recommended Feeding Portions (Based on a standard 8 oz dry measuring cup):
Note these are ONLY guidelines. Adjust to keep your dog in ideal body condition. The total daily amount can be divided into more than one feeding per day.
|Adult Weight in pounds
|Daily Feeding Amount in standard 8oz cups
|up to 10
|up to 1 cup
|10 to 20
|1 – 1 1/2 cups
|20 to 30
|1 1/2 – 2 cups
|30 to 40
|2 – 2 1/2 cups
|40 to 60
|2 1/2 – 3 1/2 cups
|60 to 80
|3 1/2 – 4 1/3 cups
|80 to 100
|4 1/3 – 5 cups
|For every 10 lb over 100
|5 cups+ an additional 1/3 cup per 10lbs of body weight
We Also Recommend
Diggin Your Dog FiRM UP!+ Cranberry Pumpkin Super Supplement
Taste of the Wild Ancient Prairie with Ancient Grains Dry Dog Food